Secondlife stopped working

Yuki Leistone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

A few days ago I was on Secondlife with no problems at all. I went to bed and the next morning Secondlife stopped working. Everytime I try to launch Secondlife I get, "SecondLife has stopped working" and I get "Secondlife crash report" I have searched the forums for the past few days and I have,

Uninstalled secondlife completely from my computer and reinstalled it (even the hidden ones)

Deleted "problem" files

I know that it cant be my computer so it must be a file.

2 answers to this question

It is possible if you were using the latest viewer that it is set in preferences to automatically download upgrades, if it does that then it would be the upgraded version the next day when you tried to login & that could explain why you suddenly can`t login if the upgrade is not suiting your computer for some reason.

Several people that are having problems with the latest version are ok when they reinstall the version before it, you can find that download on http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Supported_Viewers

If you do go back to the older version, obviously make sure that you switch off the automatic updater or it will upgrade you again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4745 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.