Computer Shopping!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I'm still scooting along on the discount laptop I purchased in 2012, after the graphics card on my previous laptop ***** the bed. It was already about 2 years behind the times when I got it, but I've managed admirably to play the few MMOs and SL, and do some photoediting with various iterations of Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. I don't do any real heavy lifting. I'm not mining cryptocurrency. But I do like pretty graphics.

Anyway, my current rig is giving me indications that it might be time to start looking for another. Also, I've been having issues with SL overtaxing my computer in high graphics settings or when there are a lot of people. 

Finances are a consideration, and the fact that Amazon will do short-term financing for Prime members is another. So, I've found a likely desktop (I don't actually need a laptop anymore, since I'm not working out of other people's homes like I was when I bought the current machine.)

So, do you more technically inclined folks think either of these computers would be able to handle the load of SL blogging (and possibly vlogging, as Youtube looks like a lot of fun) and socializing? 

https://smile.amazon.com/SkyTech-Gaming-Computer-Desktop-ST-SHADOW-GTX1050TI-V1/dp/B01M4NUIAR/ref=smi_www_rco2_go_smi_1405964225?_encoding=UTF8&dpID=41cP7ae1F6L&dpPl=1&ie=UTF8&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&qid=1536728037&ref=plSrch&sr=1-5

https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-ArchAngel-Gaming-Computer-Desktop/dp/B01M3UKNVD/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1536728037&sr=1-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&dpPl=1&dpID=41iT7VNkcsL&ref=plSrch

*A note - not to sound snarky, but suggestions about building one myself or parting together pieces of things are probably not the most helpful here. But if you have other suggestions in about this price point that I could finance through Amazon, then HECK YES!

Both computers are fully capable of running SL very well and for vlogging. They seem a bit flashy. You might be able to get a pc with less flash but the same internals for cheaper. Write down the specs and shop around for computers with similar specs.

You'll need a monitor and it looks like you get a free mouse and keyboard. Videos use up a lot of hard drive space so you'll eventually need another hard drive but a desktop can always get upgrades later. I'd research how upgradeable those pc choices are for the future. I.e. How many drive bays, sata connections, video card slot type, etc. 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.