Degraded performance on your connection to the region you are on

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2039 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A tenant of mine on a private island asked me for help with this repeated error message - "We are sorry, Linden Lab has discovered degraded performance on your connection to the region you are on. You will need to restart Second Life and log into a new region for the next 30 minutes to an hour. We apologize for the inconvenience."  The region seems absolutely fine and I'm not having apparent problems myself.  I looked up previous reports of this error message and have read through what I can including old queries in these community pages and Nalates help page on running tracert (which I did without discovering much useful). I see there is at least one apparently unresolved JIRA concerning the error viz. VWR-25566.  I admit I am having difficulty in knowing what it all means and need to know whether there's any point me pursuing this with Support or to ask the tenant to raise her own ticket.  My feeling is that she will have to do it herself but I want to be sure there's nothing more I could be doing first.

The tenant will need to file their own ticket.

Ask your tenant to remove all their favorite landmarks (delete all LMs in the "My Favorites" system folder & empty trash.
Does that happen to fix it?

Does the tenant have the same problem when logging in with an alt?

1 hour ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

The tenant will need to file their own ticket.

Ask your tenant to remove all their favorite landmarks (delete all LMs in the "My Favorites" system folder & empty trash.
Does that happen to fix it?

Does the tenant have the same problem when logging in with an alt?

Thanks for the suggestion, Whirly.  I haven't asked her about an alt.  I told her to let me know if it happens again, so if it does I'll ask her to file her own ticket.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2018 at 8:07 PM, Garnet Psaltery said:

A tenant of mine on a private island asked me for help with this repeated error message - "We are sorry, Linden Lab has discovered degraded performance on your connection to the region you are on. You will need to restart Second Life and log into a new region for the next 30 minutes to an hour. We apologize for the inconvenience."  The region seems absolutely fine and I'm not having apparent problems myself.  I looked up previous reports of this error message and have read through what I can including old queries in these community pages and Nalates help page on running tracert (which I did without discovering much useful). I see there is at least one apparently unresolved JIRA concerning the error viz. VWR-25566.  I admit I am having difficulty in knowing what it all means and need to know whether there's any point me pursuing this with Support or to ask the tenant to raise her own ticket.  My feeling is that she will have to do it herself but I want to be sure there's nothing more I could be doing first.

Hi-I am receiving the same message most of the times I log on my land. Do you have any more information on this issue?

Thanks.

Best,

Pebbles

47 minutes ago, Samie Bagley said:

Hi-I am receiving the same message most of the times I log on my land. Do you have any more information on this issue?

Thanks.

Best,

Pebbles

I haven't discovered anything since pursuing the action I mentioned.  My tenant hasn't reported getting any more of the messages.

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2039 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.