Sharing land with another store?

AmethestPearl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone shared land with another store and could share there experience? Or know someone who has. Like what upsides and downsides there are?

I have seen quite a few stores sharing land some on a joint parcel others on seperate parcels with there own landing points. 

Edited by AmethestPearl

often it's not really shared, but a shopping sim where creators/sellers, rent a shop. That can be on one parcel, but also seperated.
Also, as often seen at events or satelite shops (no main store) , it can be just a building with stalls for a very limited amount of items.

Shops with a joined client base, same interests, like in rl (... a shoeseller, dressmaker, make-up seller... ) have the same client base, so being on the same sim, or parcel is good for traffic and attracting the right target group of buyers.

If it are resellers, and not creating their own items, you see often seperate shops, just for a mall experience.. or shopping district. It can be owned by the same merchant.

Edited by Ethan Paslong

I am sharing with a long time good friend for the second time and since quite some time now again. We both have each our own stores and a shared shop each on separate parcels and recently we have made space (half of the sim) for 2 more. (one still available , so..if anyone is interested..IM ;) )

Goes without saying that all I can say here is based on my very personal experience and opinion. 

If you trust each other, know each other well, and /or at least communicate properly, sharing is perfect fine.
Whether it is on a joined or separate parcels , same or separated buildings, ... is up to your needs and expectations.
I personally like to have my own area with my own landing point and own keywords. But I would also agree in a shared parcel/building with that very friend if circumstances require that - as long as the person I share with shares the same/similar style and interests, business wise.
Consider : more parcels more keywords - ( although second life search is probably fairly overrated, but I still like to think that keywords matter/but again that's just me)- on the other hand : shared parcels = shared traffic.

For me a very important part is that we can rely on each other in cases of emergency. This goes for availability, reliability and honesty. And consistency.
And yes, here I have been very lucky!
I would not like to share with someone who is running a business far away from the theme(s) I cover, or with someone whose taste is completely unacceptable for my poor eyes or who leaves their business unattended over long periods of time. Generally if you share a business (and you do, if you share a parcel or a sim), you need to know who  you are dealing with - or be prepared for various unexpected possible things to deal with. I prefer not to have such surprises, thus I am very picky - others may be more laid back.

So to sum it up, before moving in with your new very close neighbor, be very upfront about your expectations and personal limits, and communicate them frankly to spare the both of you uncomfortable surprises.

• Like 1

I love when there is another store near mine and few times I had neighbors, first time was with a good friend who had a clothing store on her own sim and she just invited me over to take one part of the sim. It was in the beginning when I just started to form my photo studio and she didn't want to take any money for rent, it helped me a lot because I could invest in advertising and buy other things for the studio. Later she invited another friend and the sim looked awesome, we had clothing store, modeling agency and a photo studio, all in some kind of fairy tale style. I moved out when a griefer who hates models started to attack the sim.

One time I rented a quarter of a sim which had 4 or 5 shops and the sim owner decorated the middle and the roads that led to our stores, it looked awesome, like a town square and I often took rides all around the sim with car and bike! I liked it because I didn't need to worry about the outside decorations. This time the sim owner and other shop owners were not my friends. We were just on the same sim and we had no contact. Few months later I moved out because there was a season change and I bought tons of new stuff and wanted to use them.

For you, I would say do what makes you happy and what you feel is right and try everything that comes to your mind. I think only advice is to have a backup in case something goes wrong. Then you can relax and enjoy new experiences! ;) 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2223 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.