Sorting question

Solbrio Serenity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I did a quick forum search to avoid making a new thread but didn't know how to search properly to find a result. If there is a thread on this topic I would love to read it. 

Is there a way to sort my inventory by type? Like socks, and gloves, and skirts, etc. This would make putting an ensemble together SO much easier! 

Thank you! 

xx Solbrio

The Pheonix viewer lets you sort by a few fixed catagoies, but unfortunately doesn't make any finer distinctions within the "Body Part & Clothing" catagory. Within that search field, you have to use the visual icons to distiguish a glove from a tattoo, skin or system skirt.

The best you can do I think is make folders & sub-folders for different kinds of outfits & types of clothing.  I have a folder for Dresses & within that are subfolders for Casual dresses, Formal dresses, Short & Sexy dresses.  I have a folder for Separates, & within that are sub-folders for Pants, Tops, Skirts.  I have a folder for Accessories, & within that are sub-folders for Gloves, Stockings, Hats, Scarves, & etc.  I also have folders for different styles of clothing, all within the Clothing system folder. - Of course, I'm a Virgo who loves to have everything as organized as possible.

The problem with searching for say "glove" in your Inventory is that items with the word "glove" in their description may not be what you want & some items that are gloves may not have the word "glove" in their title. Usually, this technique will work ok though. - If you want to use this system, try to change the name of your clothing items to reflect what they really are.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.