SL Wind--what is it really like?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It is the coomon knowledge of the SL sailing community that the SL Wind is too variable to be fun, both with distance and time. As a consequence, most of the wind-sailing vessels out there use some sort of fixed wind, set for a race, or by the vessel owner. A few still use SL Wind

The descriptions I've found come from 2005/2006, and the SL Wind I see today seems far less variable than these old accounts suggest. Have there been any changes in the last five years? Is the system the same. Have the constants been tweaked to give slower-changing SL wind?

Some of the wiki descriptions are old. Some are just incomplete. I don't know whether anyone will have a good answer for you, I don't. You may have to just run tests until you work out an answer.

If you want to pursue an answer from the Lindens, ask in the Beta Server Office Hours. You can put the question on the Agenda. Whether you make it to the meeting or not, it will likely get answered. You will be able to read the answer in the meeting minutes a day or two after the meeting. It takes a bit for them to get posted.

Don't be surprised if the Lindens don't know. They may have to find the answer or refer you to another Linden that knows.

Once you have an answer, update the wiki entry.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4746 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.