Why do I keep crashing?

Savanoya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

Technical seemed more fit then Viewer, but if I'm wrong; sorry about that.

Anyways, I downloaded the newest viewer this morning at about five AM SL time, it was perfectly fine the first hour or so, I even thought it had less lag because I could go to dance clubs with my friends and not freeze or crash, etc. At like, eight or seven AM SL time, I was in a sandbox alone with, if not basically, no items near me, and I was opening an item and all the sudden SL just closes on me! Not freezes, the whole application just, disappears! At first I just thought it was my computer, because sometimes it has issues, but then when it happened ten or more times I started thinking it was the viewer. ^-^; Its gotten to be quite annoying, being in the middle of something, then having SL just disappear, so I thought I'd come for some support on here, seeing as my friends have no clue as to what's going on either. Whenever it disappears it comes up with the message I get when I first open up the SL application, the first two times I accepted to open the application, but whenever I pressed Open, it would say something like "Type in crash report here" I didn't say I wanted to report a crash though, so, I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what's happening. I was perfectly fine in the previous viewer, never had this issue.

8 answers to this question

Hello Savanoya. I dont think that you have to worry. About 1 month and a half ago i had the same problem when i was trying to open a folder with hair. No freebies of course, hair i had purchased. It happens 4-5 times that day till i decided temporarily not to use this folder more. Next day or later, i dont remember exactly, issue was fixed without me to do something.

So continue your SL nornally for as much as you havent other problems, just dont use that folder / item for a while.

Well, I'm not opening any folders or anything like that, I don't at all see what could be causing it because truly I'm going no where different. Also, I'm on an iMac if that changes anything. :\ I seem to be fine now, haven't crashed in a while, but I also haven't really been moving at all or tping anywhere, there was a spamming in the sandbox I'm in earlier and I was just thinking maybe something attached to me there?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.