New Second Life Viewer Crashes out loading region

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, 

On June 1 my second life viewer auto updated to the current version dated May 31 I think, it is version  5_1_5_515811. Since then when I try to login, it boots me out of the viewer during the login process. It always is at same place, contacting REGION. So I tried to uninstall and reinstall, reboot computer no luck, same condition.

Is anyone having this issue? I searched the web and nothing?  My internet connection is fine. my computer appears fine. I have been on SL every day for months. 

Another questions, I am thinking of loading a slightly older viewer from Feb 2018 just 3 months old I still have the install file.  Only problem is, when I go to launch first time, it will auto check for updates by default and I don't want to do that obviously.  How do I stop it?  I know there is a Preferences-Setup setting that I can turn off, but I first need to get into the login page first, and I think it checks for updates first.  So is there a config file I can edit to stop it?

UPDATE: I manged to get the Feb version 5_1_5_512121 installed, and guess what?  I logged in perfectly fine!  So the new version has a bug, how do I report that so Second Life knows about it?  I also changed the Preferences-Setup to prompt me before installing optional updates.  I guess at a minimum you must install a mandatory update.  

Thanks for the help!

Earnur

Edited by Earnur Donogal

Thanks Cindy, yes that looks like the problem I have.  I am 64-bit, and I installed the 64-bit so I would still be affected. I see replies to the SL post have no answer as yet.  Meanwhile I will continue to use the older version.  I did try looking on the status page last night, and saw nothing.  Thanks for the help!  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2155 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.