i uninstalled v2 and deleted files but looks like i shouldnt have done that cant log in

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

13 answers to this question

well if all you did was uninstall and not reinstall then i guess you will have big problems logging in, yes... you will need a viewer to log in with.

if i have misunderstood your post and you do have a viewer to log in with - when attempting to log in, what error messages do you get, if any?

oops...forgot to add that i reinstalled v2 and it says sl crashed do i want to send an error report...then(second life has stopped working -windows is looking for a solution to which it says a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. windows will close the program and notify ou if a solution is available)

it seems theres not a solution available...are there files left on your computer after uninstall that i shouldnt of deleted?

You can delete any and all files left from the uninstall process as long as you obtain and install a good, uncorrupted new setup file. The only thing you will see that can be annoying is you'll get those popups that you got when you first started SL and all your viewer preferences will be "default". Go to the download site again and get a fresh copy........save it to your hard drive (don't run from the website). If you already have a saved download on your hard driver, delete it before you save the new setup file. Close any browsers you might have running and reinstall.........try SL again.

• Like 1

You got cache problems. Go to the "Setup" tab in preferences and make note of the cache location. Close the viewer and navigate to that location and delete the entire folder. It will not harm your viewer installation.........the folder will be rebuilt when you launch SL again (this time, it will be completely empty, which is what you want). Launch SL again and change your log in location to either "Smith" or "Pooley". Log in and you'll be in a sim that has no scripts and next to no prims (probably underwater). Do nothing but move a few steps off the landing point (so others arriving won't land on top of you). Open your inventory and in the search box slowly type the letters "A", "B", "C".............until you get the search going. Watch the counter until it stops completely (it will probably stop then start again several times but you probably know how many items you have in your inventory so wait til it reaches that number.......it might take some time). Once it's completed TP back home or where ever you want to go........you should be good to go.

Don't try to change clothes, chat too much, IM or anything..........let your inventory load without other tasks to slow or interupt the process.

• Like 1

Hi Kishi,

After you uninstalled  the viewers and cleared all the SL folders from you AppData, did you restart your compter before you downloaded SL again?

Also when you said you got it working but you had no inventory, make sure that you weren`t logged in on Basic Mode instead of Advanced Mode because there is no inventory on basic mode.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Basic-mode-FAQ/ta-p/733541

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4748 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.