TV Shared Experience

Bingk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

It all depends on how the items are scripted, but the answer is almost certainly NO. I'm guessing that they are both using parcel media, and you can only set one URL for parcel media at a time.  The other alternative, using streaming media on a prim face (MOAP), would let you watch different channels at the same time, but not synchronously.  That is, each person would only see what is on his own screen and the stream would start at a different spot for each person.  In any case, you can't change whatever method the creator designed into your devices.

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

It all depends on how the items are scripted, but the answer is almost certainly NO. I'm guessing that they are both using parcel media, and you can only set one URL for parcel media at a time.  The other alternative, using streaming media on a prim face (MOAP), would let you watch different channels at the same time, but not synchronously.  That is, each person would only see what is on his own screen and the stream would start at a different spot for each person.  In any case, you can't change whatever method the creator designed into your devices.

Is a device even possible then? Like could I buy another TV and if so, what do I look for instead? 

I had a TV that worked fine for everyone before but now it doesn't. I thought perhaps this was a change in a recent update? 

Oh, wait ..  I misunderstood your question.  I thought you meant that you wanted to watch both a TV and a YouTube video at the same time.  It sounds like you meant that two people want to watch the same TV or video at once.  In that case, it's the reverse of what I suggested earlier.  That is, if your device is using MOAP to put a streaming site on the face of a prim, then each person will see it start at a different time on his own screen.  There's no way to beat that unless you get (or make) a TV that uses Parcel Media instead of Prim Media.  Take a look here:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.