Teleport failed: You are banned from the region.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2241 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Teleport failed: You are banned from the region.

I've been getting quite a few of the these recently and I'm sure I haven't genuinely been banned from all of the regions .. Honest! :$

It really is quite frustrating and also upsetting to find I am banned :(

I upgraded to the latest Firestorm about two weeks ago and this seems to happening more frequently since then (Firestorm 5.0.11 (53634) Jan  9 2018).

A week ago I found myself banned from Blueberry /Vinyl /JustBecause /Tetra sim, but I contacted the nice lady at Just Because and she kindly got it sorted. Sadly I am still banned from the TLC event (remarkable) and Shiny Shabby and I do not know who to contact to ask to be unbanned.

How do you know who is the administrator for lands from which you are banned if you cannot enter
When the land hosts an event it is often a shop participant offering their link, rather than the land admin.

I can always see when it is about to happen because the teleporting window shows no data, as below.

Teleport Failed.png

8 minutes ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

Sadly I am still banned from the TLC event (remarkable) and Shiny Shabby and I do not know who to contact to ask to be unbanned.

You should be able to find the event groups in search, then look at the group creator and owner.

8 minutes ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

I've been getting quite a few of the these recently and I'm sure I haven't genuinely been banned from all of the regions .. Honest

Do you have an alt? See if you can send them in after you get the banned message, if it's a real ban, the alt also won't get in but will get a different message, not a ban message.

Now, onto if it is a real ban, and you don;'t strike me as the naughty type.

Be aware that an Estate Owner, and their Estate Managers can ban you at the region level, and when you do this you get an option to add the person to every region in the estate.

I've not looked yet who owns these regions, but if it's the same person you may have gotten an estate ban that then propogated through thousands of regions (in Anshe's case)

Once you get back in, look at the region owners. If they match, you might be able to find out what happened from them.

My estate owning alt carries this pick, I'd think most estate people would feel the same... that is, if I've estate banned you, talk to me and let's see.

Everyone deserves a second chance. If you have been mistakenly banned from the Estate I honestly welcome you to talk to me personally so we can try and work it out.I can explain why you were banned and you can then explain why I should lift that ban.

However please be aware of something important, if you can't behave like a polite adult when we talk you may as well not waste our time.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

Do you have an alt? See if you can send them in after you get the banned message, if it's a real ban, the alt also won't get in but will get a different message, not a ban message.

Callum, thank you so very much for your reply and help. I truly appreciate it!

I have been in/out with some alts and you are correct about the messages being different. I never doubted you :D

I have been educated by your post above as I have no idea how estate and estate management operates. I am purely a regular user and potential customer. At least now I can understand why I felt as if my upgrade played a part as it all seems quite recent, although based upon your explanation I think I can safely disregard that thought.

For TLChttps://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Remarkable/
My alts can get in, only Candice account is banned and cannot.

With TLC I was attracted to visit by Sintiklia on Flickr. Because I couldn't get in I contacted her directly and she very kindly sent me both her demo and giftwhich were on display at the TLC event. It is shop owners like this that go a very long way in securing faithful customers for the future. Of the two I approached she was the only one to do that, but I digress ..

For Shinny Shabbyhttps://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Shiny Shabby/137/129/27
This account (Candice Littleboots) gets: Teleport failed. You are banned from the region.
The alts get: Teleport failed. Sorry, you do not have access to that teleport destination.

From what you say, am I correct in thinking the primary banned user is me (Candice), so any request for help should come from this account?

I am going to try and figure out who I can contact regarding access to Shinny Shabby again. We all have our off days but I have absolutely no recollection of anything I may have done to result in a ban across all estates. Do estate management keep notes on why an individual ban took place? .. I would be interested to see what I did.

Also, if a ban can also include alts, then presumably an IP address is somehow accessed. Are IP addresses visible to estate management?

I hope anyone I manage to make contact with regarding this matter is as reasonable and understanding as you.

The image below is what my alts get when they try to access Shinny Shabby.

Telport access.png

28 minutes ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

For Shinny Shabbyhttps://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Shiny Shabby/137/129/27
This account (Candice Littleboots) gets: Teleport failed. You are banned from the region.
The alts get: Teleport failed. Sorry, you do not have access to that teleport destination.

Yes, this is exactly what you would get for a ban at the region level. Candice is the region banned avatar and the Alts are detected as such.

I just went in and Shiny Shabby is a region owned by "Candy Azure" Your Candice account should try to talk to her or her managers to try to sort out what happened. And of course, that explains why it's in a few sims, Candy owns a number of regions and the ban will be pushed out to them all.

(BTW: I should say, I've experienced an accidental/incorrect banning myself, and it is a bit of an upsetting thing to happen!)

Do estate management keep notes on why an individual ban took place?

Some do, some don't. But those who don't - I'd like to think - are reasonable people and realise mistakes can be made (by them too!). I can only speak for someone coming to me - if they were polite and friendly I'd usually drop the ban. It's a single button to push for all regions in the estate, and it helps create good will. It really is your attitude that will get the ban lifted.

You can only try Candice! Outside that you need to do it at the region level itself as you find them - the organiser is allowed to, and can override the estate owners bans trivially. A friend can normally get the name of the organiser, or breadcrumbs to a group if they go in and inspect the decoration.

Also, if a ban can also include alts, then presumably an IP address is somehow accessed. Are IP addresses visible to estate management?

IP, and I believe it is made up of a number of things on your computer. After Candice accesses the region the region will have a record of this unique identification, and it then checks all new people. If Candice doesn't access the region, the region won't know, and alts can get in. The time until a region that learns who you are and then forgets your identification is not known.

The estate owners and managers definitely can not see the information. Your IP address is absolutely private and there is no record of the alts attempts to access the region. The alts are also secret and only known to the server (and Lab) itself.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2241 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.