detect permission object

Druidamus Rau

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

46 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

See llGetObjectPermMask for the object, or llGetInventoryPermMask for items in the object (textures, scripts, other objects, etc.).

Note, however, that your script has to be in the object that you are requesting information about.  You cannot write a script for, say, a HUD that asks for permissions information about a different object.

1 minute ago, Rolig Loon said:

Note, however, that your script has to be in the object that you are requesting information about.  You cannot write a script for, say, a HUD that asks for permissions information about a different object.

Similarly, you can’t change the color of an object via script unless the script is in the object. I don’t think you can detect the texture which was previously applied to the script.

in the facility it's about and prims does not have any objects, textures, scripts. The problem concerns an object that has many prims, one of the prims (we do not know which one) has blocking permisions. It's about the detection of this prim, or the texture that is applied to it.

1 minute ago, Druidamus Rau said:

in the facility it's about and prims does not have any objects, textures, scripts. The problem concerns an object that has many prims, one of the prims (we do not know which one) has blocking permisions. It's about the detection of this prim, or the texture that is applied to it.

The functions supplied only apply to the entire object related to the prim the script is actually in. I don’t see functions to get permissions from links.

8 minutes ago, Druidamus Rau said:

So you have to open the object and check the inventory of every single child prim.  There is no alternative.

22 minutes ago, Druidamus Rau said:

Unless the texture is actually inside one of the prims, I don't think that is the problem -- if you apply a texture manually or by script using the texture's UUID, that doesn't affect permissions in any way.    It's only an issue if you put a copy of the actual texture in the prim and apply it by script.

Be that as it may, when I'm trying to solve similar problems, I use this classic script by Ordinal Malaprop.    Carefully read the instructions it chats out, and then re-read them!

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 1

I just posted a script in the LSL Library that takes an approach similar to Ordinal Malaprop's >>>

As Innula and I said, you still need to examine every single child prim to figure out which one has caused the unexpected results.  There is no way around that.  A tool like this or Ordinal's will at least alert you to the fact that something needs further attention.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.