Gestures - Trigger via Anim HUD?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A little pre-amble ..
I just spent the past few hours finally consolidating my 3 Vista Anim sets into one convenient HUD, which happens to be an older Vista HUD. The sets are Esther, Miriam and Chica,  plus numerous various.  It was testing each individual animation and organising them that took most of the time. Finally I have it how I like it, more or less.

The one remaining thing I would love to do before calling it a done job is to make my lips move from within my Vista HUD. Perhaps be able to set it to occur in the same way I set up ARMS.

My lips automatically move whenever I type into local. I believe this is done by my CATWA Catya head, but I stand to be corrected. This lips animation seems different from the 3 'talk' gestures inside the CATWA folder. I do not use voice but I think they are for that.

Does anyone know if it is possible to trigger any of these lip movements via my animation HUD, without typing into local chat?

Also, is it possible to trigger a gesture via an animation HUD?

Edited by Candice LittleBoots
speling

I have the Vista Miriam (Bento) HUD and it has gone through a few updates. It came with a few bento gestures. It used to be you could trigger them manually. Now they will play randomly (you have to turn it on) and at intervals you set.

As for gestures (the kind you're speaking) and lip movement: all of that is nothing more than non-looping animations..

So what you can do is copy the Catwa animations into the Vista HUD. In order to get those facial animations to play along with your normal stands, etc you have to set it up in your notecard. Most ZHAO-based AO notecard list the animations like this:

[ STAND]stand1animation|stand2animation|stand3animation

The way to get multiple animations to play simultaneously is a comma like this:

[ STAND ]stand1animation,face1|stand2animation,face2|stand2animation,face3

I know the SINSEHUD does this and I believe the newer VISTA HUDs do this also. Takes some experimentation. But it's how the separate ARMS animations work, for example.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

The way to get multiple animations to play simultaneously is a comma like this:

[ STAND ]stand1animation,face1|stand2animation,face2|stand2animation,face3

Thanks so much for your help, Alyona.

I realise now on a re-read that my post could've easily been misunderstood referring to gestures as I did. There are gestures (normal animations) and gestures (facial movements) but with you also having Vista Miriam you understood me, so thank you again.

I am using Miriam's 'OLD' HUD as I really do not like the newer version,  too many click to achieve what the old HUD could do in one and it is often slow to respond. I like the old style very much. Vista Esther only comes with the new style HUD, hence my desire to get everything consolidated into the old.

I never knew about 'comma'  usage for simultaneous anim plays, that looks like it could be a lot of fun. That is excellent information!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2285 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.