buyin $L an getting charged for it but i still havent got the linden yet 5 days on

CyanRaven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i tried buyin linden dollars at the begining of the week , for some reason it failed , but today i looked at my bank statement an ll have credited my account for the linden dollars i tried to buy but i still havent recieved the $L

what the hell is going on its been well over 5 days??

11 answers to this question

I think you should phone Billing Support as over 5 days is too long. Use the long distance number and Skype if you are not resident in any of the countries listed. You could submit a support ticket either if you wish but will take way longer to resolve.

Contacting Linden Lab Billing
If you have a non-technical issue with your account related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab Billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

•US/Canada: 800-294-1067
•France: 0805-101-490
•Germany: 0800-664-5510
•Japan: 0066-33-132-830
•Portugal: 800-814-450
•Spain: 800-300-560
•UK: 0800-048-4646
Long distance (not free): 703-286-6277

The Billing team is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.

Check your Account History and Account Summary to see if your money has been credited to your SL account as a $US balance.  If it is there you can go ahead and buy Lindens and they will use that credit balance to pay for them instead of charging your CC.

If it is not there as either $US or $L then call the Billing number as previously advised.

I have the exact same problem. 10 days on it still isn't solved.

I have been buying Lindens for years (since 2006). This time I didnt get any lindens but was charged 40$ on my bank account. My dollar balance show the amount i thought i bought lindes for: 40$. When I try to buy lindens I get charged again, and the 40$ just stays there in my dollar balance. 

I have contacted live chat, and was told it was a glitch on LL's side, and they were onto it, and it would be fixed ASAP. That is 10 days ago. Nothings solved yet.

I guess I just have to get my bank to transfer back the amount -.-.

Hi Kean,

Call the free billing number to find out what the delay is:

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers

* France: 0805.101.490

* Germany: 0800.664.5510

* Japan: 0066.33.132.830

* Portugal: 800.814.450

* Spain: 800.300.560

* UK: 0800.048.4646

* Support is in English Only

@ PeeWee: Thx again, but having been in contact with support has so far been a very bad experience, that I will not repeat unnecessary, as I wont spend to much time or effort either, on an error that is clearly at LL' s part. Calling my bank and transferring the amount back is far less painful. Sorry if I come across a bit negative, but frankly, the contact with support has so far been quite a disheartening experience.

Hi Kean,

I`m sorry too, my last post was a bit sarcastic, I totally understand your frustration at support & even though we are resident to resident help here people do sometimes talk to us like its all our fault lol

Its quite a worrying "glitch" as LL called it, as we often send people to increase their $US balance in order to buy Lindens, as buying them direct is all messed up lately & its not good if we assure people that LL will use the credit first and then they go an charge their CC again as with you.

If you actually got your lindens the 2nd time, you were at least fortunate in that respect, so many can`t get them at all & yes I agree with you decision to let your bank get the money back for you.

If you do get the urge to tell LL how impressed you are with the customer service from their payments department, you can always vent in an email to support@payments.secondlife.com ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4749 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.