Who vets all the charity requests?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I had assumed that all of the logon screen popups and announcements came from the creators of my viewer, but have learned, courtesy of the Net Neutrality political spamming, that they come from the Lindens.  There are announcements for a great many charity this's and thats'.  Who vets those?  Who makes sure any money raised  actually goes to a vetted charity?  Where are the vetting documents posted online?  Among other critical issues, what percentage of money raised actually goes to the charity cause and not "overhead"?  What are executive pay levels in the supported charities?  Where is the charity located and what is their 501 status?  What is the legal name of the charity for which donations are being solicited?  Who guarantees that the "tinyurl"s listed are virus free, and who is responsible if they are not?  

An aside, tinyurls are almost as dangerous as clicking on a link in an email.   Just saying...         John

At least some of your answers(specific info about the charity, like location, 501 status, legal name, etc.) can probably be found by actually looking the charity up-or asking a direct contact for that charity in sl who can probably give you most of the info, especially as far as the money parts(who gets it, what its used for, etc..) are concerned.  

That said, there are very, very few charities that I believe LL actually vets, or has vetted, personally(I know Relay For Life, is one of them, it's also one of the biggest and one LL actually supports as a business entity).  It's always wise to be cautious, though. I support a few different charities and causes in sl, but I do so with the same amount of caution I use for supporting them in rl. Always a good idea to do your homework

If you're talking about the message of the day on a third party provider's login screen...that's not LL that puts those there(they *did put the NN one on, but that's not a MOTD, it's an entirely different thing). LL has their own MOTD for their viewer, third party viewers have their own too. The url and its related safety, you'd have to ask the viewer support, as it is they who put them there. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2350 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.