Why is my skin Grey?

FelixFloyd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok my skin is grey i have tried clearing cache, relogging changing graphic settings, and changing skin but always the same resulty.  everyting else is fine all mesh parts of my body are fine it is just my face which is a normal sl avatar head, i have moved to different regions to see if it was an issue where i was but stil a grey face. please help

Grey head_001.png

5 answers to this question

When you say that changing skin doesn't make a difference - do you mean that the new skin also shows grey on the head or that it is simply still grey when you revert back to your normal skin?  One other question -- remove the mesh body and associated alpha; then is your entire body grey like your head?

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

22 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When you say that changing skin doesn't make a difference - do you mean that the new skin also shows grey on the head or that it is simply still grey when you revert back to your normal skin?  One other question -- remove the mesh body and associated alpha; then is your entire body grey like your head?

it is just the head the rest is fine,

19 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

One of your wearables probably uses an invalid texture & you are being hit by SUN-98 - Bake fail resulting from partially broken alpha layer

it happens even when i take all attachments off

11 minutes ago, FelixFloyd said:

it happens even when i take all attachments off

Sorry, I should have explained in more detail.
A "wearable" is a non-attachment - skin, hairbase, eyes, alpha layer, tattoo layers, system clothing layers.

If one of those wearables uses a texture that's invalid, it will break the avatar bake on that section of the body & you will see it grey.
Observers will also see it grey - do your friends also see your head grey?

You said you'd already changed the skin & that didn't fix it.
Check for other wearables that apply textures to the head section.

If the wearable is mod, edit it & look for one of the texture thumbnails of the wearable showing as grey.

If you can't find the culpret, feel free to IM me inworld & I'll come & have a look.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.