SPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Remember that "we are making improvements" official blog post awhile back. It mentioned sharing Windlights among other things and something like "lighting speed" was mentioned. I don't remember the particulars and that isn't really supposed to be a QUOTE per se, but tonight over at the glytch sims running was about twice as fast as the norm. This on several sims when earlier (a couple of hours before) things were very normal. 

Indeed, running on the Realms is just the same so I am wondering if they are using the glytch sims to test. Anyway it was really fun running so fast. Likely not good for beginners, but still -- LOL. Fun.

Just wanted to report. :D

PS. Actually I didn't try taking off hud and weapon to see if they had made changes to those attachments that might have changed the speed. A test on the same sims sans hud and weapon would tell for sure but I am tired so not tonight. Anyone really interested can go over and try :SwingingFriends:.

Only 5000 people have ever attached the HUD

Maybe 3 people still playing, and that's likely being quite generous.

There won't be much lag.

Especially as all those sailing channels are now blocked, so you won't have any pesky physics messing things up.

Edited by Callum Meriman

1 hour ago, Callum Meriman said:

Only 5000 people have ever attached the HUD

Maybe 3 people still playing, and that's likely being quite generous.

There won't be much lag.

Especially as all those sailing channels are now blocked, so you won't have any pesky physics messing things up.

Well there are still way more than three playing as I know three personally and see other folks out and about. But yes, not tons. I made my suggestions but well --- LOL. HOWEVER none of that has anything to do with the new SPEED which seems to be only on the glytch sims (at least of the places I have been running :D).   A friend just wrote that yes, he had NEW SPEED also but that the glytchs were fairly stingy and angry (they were more peaceful most of the day.   I am going to try a test taking off the hud and such now but I don't think that is it.  Will report. 

AND there are some sims with glytchs that are horribly laggy and it isn't the people there. Maybe sim design, maybe server channel. Not techie enough to comment knowledgeably.

Later note. Speed is back to normal now :D 

Edited by Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.