uploading tiny objects from blender 2.79

Vanessa Wisent

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello, first of all, sorry for my english i'm french.
I have version 2.79 of blender.its been 2 days  I have a problem when importing my mesh jewelry.
 so far, to be able to import tiny objects  I followed the procedure of the cube around my mesh and the
 triangle traced through the cube of which one keeps the edge and I had no problem. I do not know if this problem comes 
from my update of blender but during the import I see immediately that there is a problem when I choose my cube in physics, 
it appears systematically of the same size as my object and once the uploaded object is big (to the standard sizes of second life) 
anybody got this problem with the last blender?

1 hour ago, Vanessa Wisent said:

thank you for your answer, no i didn t forget anything but after i installed blender portable version  it worked, so i guess something is wrong with the new blender version (2.79)

There are actually many things wrong with 2.79 and lots of folks have gone back to 2.78 or earlier.   Since I didn't KNOW yours was a 2.79 issue I didn't write but It sounds like it may have "just" been that. I went back to the previous version because many of my plugins wouldn't work in the newer version.

There is a MAJOR issue with weight painting (which I don't do) that has been well-document. It is listed as a "improvement" in the official documentation but it messed up lots of works for creators here with many days of angst before they figured that it was the version and just uninstalled and started over.

Just adding this here for folks that didn't read all that when 2.79 first came out.   Since you cannot install and OLD version if you have a newer one installed, I suggest (for 2.79 or 2.80) that people install the newer version on a different path as some folks have done. Then it if doesn't work for what they need, they can just uninstall the new one. Much simpler.

Glad you got it working for you. I didn't stick around in 2.79 to have many issue myself and I am glad that was my choice :D.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.