Nursing simulation

kesnkay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Visit Evergreen Island 3 and see what Tacoma Community College's nursing simulation facility looks like. It's a bit dated at this point but still a very good place to get some ideas about what can be done.  Basically, you need a good team of builders and scripters and someone with professional experience in a RL nursing environment.

Thank you. I am a nurse and I am trying to create a simulation lab and scenario for a graduate nursing class that I am in. I am having a difficult time navigating the system. Do you buy te equipment, such as beds, sinks, iv poles etc. How do you input these items in to build a lab from scratch? Do you buy a piece of land or building? How does this work?

If you visit Evergreen Island 3, what you'll see is a facility that was built almost entirely by the team that owns it, or by creators working for them. I scripted a small part of it myself many years ago.  A project like that takes a lot of time to create. At the time they were building it, everything in SL was built with basic prims, using the tools that we all have in the edit panel of your viewer.  Today, the same job would be done using mesh and would look a lot more sophisticated and detailed.  That's not something that most SL residents can do, unfortunately, so it would mean hiring a creator who is skilled with mesh.  Most SL residents also do not have the experience to write scripts to make the equipment in the facility move and behave like RL nursing instruments, so again, it would mean hiring a scripter to do anything very tricky. 

The bottom line is that this is not a task you should expect to complete in a short time for a graduate class, if you really want to start from scratch and do it right.  However, you may be able to find many of the things you would need (hospital beds, IV stands, monitors, and all) already made and for sale in Marketplace. If you're lucky, you may be able to piece together a small clinic.  It's not likely to be cheap, so you'll have to see what your budget will stand and how much you really need to have in order to make a realistic facility.  I'd suggest shopping around to see what's available and how much space everything will take up.  Then look into renting a parcel somewhere on a quiet region, putting up a small building, and assembling the pieces.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.