Doubling

DjMcBlaze

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Thats a weird one, double chat is usually an issue related to poor network latency, that can also effect things like double payments, double actions in general, delayed and extended movement, animations, etc.

This has been an issue pretty much forever, https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/MISC-154

Basically configure your network settings in SL to use less bandwidth, you can usually get away with like 1000kbps/1mbps in most sims unless theres like 2 bajillion people there.

You gave us the symptom of the problem. We don't have enough information to do more than just guess at the cause.

Tell us about what you viewer stats (ctrl-shift-1) say for PING and lost packets. It is also a good idea to include the viewer's information you can copy from HELP->ABOUT... 

Cykarushb thinks your viewer setting for network bandwidth may be the problem. I doubt it is the setting. In Preferences (menu or ctrl-P)->Setup (tab)->Max Bandwidth is a setting for UDP bandwidth. This setting is depreciated and has way less effect than in previous years. This my doubt.

The setting is information the viewer sends to the region server to tell it how fast to send the viewer information over the UDP protocol. The Firestorm Team has tested to determine the most trouble free value for the setting: 1500kbps or 80% of your max download speed, whichever is smaller. (lowercase denotes kilo-bits) This applies to FS or Linden or other third-party viewers. That all use the same HTTP and network connection library, AFAIK.

While I doubt the setting is the problem, definitely check your setting and if it needs to change, see if it makes a difference.

I am assuming you are using a basic mouse. If you are using a gaming mouse, check its settings.

Assuming you are Windows open the Control Panel->Hardware & Sound->Mouse and check how you have double-click set. You want the setting as fast as works well for you. Faster eliminates false or unintended double-clicks. While there, test whether or not what you think is a single click has the mouse sending a double-click.

I am not aware of anything in the viewers that can affect clicks. So, if it is isn't the Windows settings or a mouse thing, then I would look at the connection to the SL servers. A good general Internet connection is not the same as a good connection to the SL servers. Test your connection to the SL servers. http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2419 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.