Can I get rid of the house on my land from the premium account to get my own?

Neeora Crystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

No, there is no way you can get rid of your Linden home. It is included in the land. You can either choose another Linden house after abandoning this one (about land > abandon land) (but make sure you take all your own stuff back to your inventory before leaving), or rent a 512 sqm on the mainland or a private sim where you will be able to put a house of your choice.

• Like 1

Just to add... you must abandon the Luinden home before buying a 512sqm mainland plot. Otherwise you would hold 1024 and,no matter how briefly, you would be charged tier for the month in which you has held it. You have a 512 allotment free of tier, but that is allocated to the Linden home as long as you keep it. If you rent, either mainland or estate, you won't have that problem.

The Linden homes were always intended to be a transitional phase, from which people wopuld graduate to other forms of land oenership when they had ecided what their needs were. In historical terms, mainland is very cheap now. However, you should find out about alternatives, including renting mainland or estate, before making a decision.

One thing to bear in mind, the Linden homes are set up in such a way that the prims used to make the house are not counted on the plot, so you get to use all 117 prims to furnish it.

If you get a different 512 somewhere else instead, it will still be tier free but you will need to fit the house and the furnishings into 117 prims.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.