Case/Ticket submission webpage not working?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There seems to be a problem with SL website with respect to submitting tickets. The following results in an erroneous error message (Firefox and IE):

What type of problem are you having?

• Land & Region

Land & Region

• Land/Parcel Issues

(case/ticket details)

The error message is:

"Please address the following errors before proceeding"

• --Please Select One--

The dropdown menu contains only --Please Select One--

It seem the system cannot read the initial entry of Land & Region and generates the error message.

Thanks for the info.

I struggled with this for about an hour last night. Rebooted PC and router, updated Firefox to 3.6.16, closed all windows except support window. I gave up for the night, thinking it might be an ISP problem, but today I get the same error.

The error message appears after clicking Submit:

Please address the following errors before proceeding

• Select a valid choice. land is not one of the available choices.

--Please Select One--

(The dropdown menu box contains only --Please Select One--)

I have had intermittent problems with the case/ticket submission page in the past, but this time it stubbornly refuses to work. I am using Windows 7 (64-bit) fully updated and Firefox 3.6.16.

Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated.

In Firefox 3.6.16, I updated plugins for Acrobat Reader and Quicktime. Problem persisted.

Updated Internet Explorer to 9.0.8112.16421. Success. Was able to submit case/ticket.

Updated Firefox to 4.0

Began investigating extensions/plugins in Firefox 4.0 (I don't really understand this stuff). Found a Skype plugin that was disabled with some kind of warning message about it being untrustworthy. Uninstalled Skype. Skype plugin went away. Discovered four versions of Java extension. Every time Java updates, it adds a new extension. I always manually disable the older versions, but I can't delete them from within Firefox. Uninstalled and reinstalled Java, but the four Java extensions remained in Firefox. Out of desperation, I went to the C:\program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\extensions folder and - deep breath - deleted the three oldest files (all with unintelligible names made up of numbers and letters) on the assumption the files represented the three older versions of the Java extensions. Restarted Firefox and my assumption was correct. Since handguns are illegal in the UK, I will only send a nasty letter to whoever made it so bloody difficult to remove old Java extensions from Firefox. Submitted a test case/ticket using now-clean Firefox 4.0 and - success!

I have no idea what I did to actually solve the problem. Maybe uninstalling Skype (thereby removing the quirky Skype plugin) - though that plugin has been there for a long time. Maybe manually deleting the three old Java extensions. Maybe Firefox 4.0 simply works better than 3.6.16. No idea.

Bottom line: If you are male and wish to own a computer, get six or seven PhDs in the hard sciences before even thinking about shopping around. If you are female, date the aforementioned male. Otherwise, buy a pen and paper, because there is no way an average human being will ever keep a computer working.

Deltango Vale wrote:

Bottom line: If you are male and wish to own a computer, get six or seven PhDs in the hard sciences before even thinking about shopping around. If you are female, date the aforementioned male. Otherwise, buy a pen and paper, because there is no way an average human being will ever keep a computer working.

You made me laugh!  : ) : )    I talk to people everyday who are experiencing this level of frustration.  I must say, for a non-techie....you did good! 

(I work in tech support for a large multi-national computer/electronics company.  Think...fruit)

Deltango Vale wrote:

pfft, welcome to the new millennium where if you are female you get the PhD to compete with the man who has none, and then he dates you so he can crib from your work =P

::has no problem maintaining a computer, but then again, is certainly not average (but really should use spell check)::

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.