I can't run any SL Viewer on my computer (Fedora)

DvOxf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, everyone!

I'm going to be direct here. I have tried ALL SL Viewers on my computer. None of them will run. I have updated software, drivers, reinstalled. I have also used Linux viewers as well as Windows versions running through Wine. Sadly, nothing has worked. 

Some viewers will not open, some will give me a message saying I ought to update my drivers (which I carefully did), some will run for a couple of minutes and suddenly close.

I could, however, get one Viewer to work (Alchemy). Nevertheless, it will only run if the graphic setting is on "low". Once I enhance the graphics to see the avatars as they should be -and not green shadows- it will close.

Strangely enough, when this same computer was a Windows 10 PC, I could run SL with absolutely no problems. In fact, it was incredibly good. Once I changed the software to Fedora Linux, I could not play again.

Please, I would like to come back to SL. Could anyone give me a hint of what is going on? Any ideas? Any suggestions?

Thank you ever so much!

PS: I'm running a Fedora 26 - 64 bits - 2016 Samsung Notebook.

I have basically no clue about Linux, but apparently, there are issues with Samsung notebooks and Linux installs. See here, for example, and Google will show numerous other reports up till mid-2017 describing similar warnings. 

So the two most obvious ideas: go back to a full Win10 OS. Or at least have a dual boot setup with Fedora and Win10. 

4 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I have basically no clue about Linux, but apparently, there are issues with Samsung notebooks and Linux installs. See here, for example, and Google will show numerous other reports up till mid-2017 describing similar warnings. 

So the two most obvious ideas: go back to a full Win10 OS. Or at least have a dual boot setup with Fedora and Win10. 

Oh, Lillith. This is what I most feared. I have seen countless complaints about Samsung notebooks and Linux. I am thinking about changing it back to Win10 or getting a different notebook that might actually work with the programs I need.

Thank you very much for your time! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.