How would I fix this texture

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Snapshot_001.thumb.png.4d7a6c709b34f2da5cfd9a6fbf111cf4.png

Hi, I've been trying to build a basic house which it's been somewhat stressful here and there. I've been trying all day on how to fix my door and window texture. When I try to add a door texture to a rectangle shape prim the door itself is thin and in the middle and to the sides it's white. So I went to Gimp to erase the white sides. Then I went back in game and it was exactly the same problem the difference being now is that the sides are now transparent rather than white. Same issue with the window texture the sides are transparent. I want to cover the entire rectangle in the texture rather than having white/transparent sides. Thanks a lot in advanced .

Here are the textures I'm using 

door: 807584105042.jpg

window: 9038f99e809437914ed67604526229a3.png

Edited by Letienuies
update

While  it would be possible to use that graphic on the front and back of the door and have it fit, you would need to change the  height and width of the texture on EACH face.  You could use the same texture on the EDGES of the door using the same system but moving the texture horizontally so that only a small part of the door was seen.  This takes some practice but is fairly easy to do.

doortexturing.thumb.PNG.ea309d891497eafb72cc22013695503f.PNG

The alternative would be to CROP the door out of the full texture using your graphics program. Be sure NOT to save with a TRANSPARENCY (which is why you had that other issue you mentioned).  It would be best to RESIZE to 256 X 512 before you upload as the uploader will make your texture blurry when it resizes (well MORE blurry) :D

door-resizeme.thumb.png.02460f38a65b02590dec8aaad676e428.png

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.