Firestorm has stopped working.

Craig Turk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you are talking about a Terms of Service popup that showed up and IF you are using a current version of FS, then I would guess that you might not be able to see that TOS box in FS and will need to use the Linden Viewer to agree to the TOS (this happened several years back).  

I didn't think the TOS change was happening until the end of the month.   AHHHHH. I see you are new and may be BRAND new. In THAT case this is likely still true --- if your "white box terms" was supposed to be text about accepting the Terms of Service for the first time.  

If I am guessing correctly from your message (it seems to be one of those "guessing" mornings) then you could try FS one more time. If you still can't see the box you will likely need to install the Linden viewer, OK the TOS. Log in and then log out. THEN (hopefully) you can use Firestorm for the first time. Since you can't log in, you can't contact the Firestorm inworld team which of course would be my first suggestion :D.

Good luck. 

• 1 year later...
15 hours ago, Buffy Sutherland said:

I have not been able to connect to server since updating drivers and firestorm viewer... I have done at least 20 clean installs...cleared all logs cache files etc... I believe somewhere firestom is blocked but cannot find where to unblock

Is there a particular reason you are using the Firestorm Viewer? Have you tried any other viewer?

I always recommend the official LL viewer unless you need the RLV features, in which case I always recommend people try all the third party viewers: Firestorm, Catznip, Kokua, and so on.  Some just work better than others (often based on your system capabilities, etc.) and they each have different very useful features. But start with the official LL viewer first and always. Because everything else starts from that.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.