Multiple Dancers/Patrons Possible?

AthenaStarfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would like to have multiple dancers and patrons in a "Night Club" setting,

Is it possible to have multiple "bot" avatars dancing on a dance floor that both them and real people avatars can be on.

As well as other "Bots" walking around and doing things on "pose balls" (ie: playing pool, pinball and slot machines)

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Please post the name of your club when it opens so i can be sure to never go there.

Avatars by themselves cause lag, nothing useful will be served by having bots all over your club. 

Seriously, no one will want to come to your club and hang out with bots, it would be much better if u can advertise and get real live people 

p.s In answer to your question, yes it's all possible.

On 6/27/2017 at 11:33 PM, AthenaStarfire said:

I would like to have multiple dancers and patrons in a "Night Club" setting,

Is it possible to have multiple "bot" avatars dancing on a dance floor that both them and real people avatars can be on.

As well as other "Bots" walking around and doing things on "pose balls" (ie: playing pool, pinball and slot machines)

Cheers

Please read http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Inworld_policy_on_bots

Forbidden usage

According to Linden Lab Terms of Service usage of scripted agents is forbidden for:

• increasing the parcel traffic by camping ("gaming" traffic);

If there were bots on a sim who were there to provide interaction with visiting users, I'd have no problem with it myself. The CHAOS combat sim (rest in peace) had a parking garage filled with zombies, all of which were bots, but they were there to interact with, i.e., to attack visitors and chase them about and provide target practice and combat training.

A club I used to go to had a bot, but she was the owner's alt and was parked there to provide security of a sort by being her eyes and ears when her main was off-sim. She sat on a beanbag and just watched everyone else while they danced.

I think it really comes down to the intent. Most people don't bother with bots if it's just a matter of keeping the place from looking desolate; there are NPCs and other ways of doing it all without having to resort to having logged-in avatars present. You can have an automated bartender, a greeter lady, etc., all without having to use an actual avatar for any of it. Less lag, easier to manage, and nobody can mistake them for real people and think they're being ignored or are unwelcome due to lack of interaction.

And all without breaking the rules too~!

But yeah, if you're using bots just to have the dots, most people think it's downright poopy, even if you get away with it. You'll lose more traffic than you'll ever get that way. Or worse, you'll just end up with 20 other people's bots trying to fish in your swimming pool.

Edited by Berksey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2479 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.