Sudden Drop in Sales for 2 different businesses

Natalie Auggers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am a little confused and concerned by the total drop in sales this past week of 2 business Im involved with. 

Neither sell the same products. One has been in existence for years and has had very steady sales throughout. The other is "younger", but has had steady sales as well. Literally the same day I noticed having trouble with the Marketplace acting up, sales for both tanked. I mean, the SAME day. And havent changed at all through the Marketplace upgrade, or whatever that was etc. They just mysteriously stopped in one day for 2 different businesses that sale different products. 

I find that a bit too coincidental. Has anyone else noticed anything like this in the last week or so? 

Natalie Auggers wrote:

I find that a bit too coincidental. Has anyone else noticed anything like this in the last week or so? 

No, not here. But check your listings, perhaps they were deactivated for some reason. Log in as an alt and look at your SLM shop with PG settings.

Perhaps your sales were depening on just a few buyers and they have found an alternative merchant. Check your past sales, find the ones that have bought the most, IM them and ask.

Natalie Auggers wrote:

All reasonable suggestions but the listings are still there, we arent dependent on repeat customers (only ever had one repeat customer I think), and the pg thing doesnt apply.

Then I don't know. AFAIK SLM isn't acting up, my sales are low but still going. SLM reports failed deliveries, and customers are quite willing to tell the merchant if a delivery fails. So, I have no idea why your sales suddenly stopped.

Last thing I can suggest is try and use search to find your store and/or products. LL sometimes changes search making stores float away to the horizon.

Do the normal competition check, are your prices within range, are your descriptions inviting enough, is the category where your items are messed up.

Looks like the sudden drop is by accident, dunno, sorry.

Last sunday, monday, and tuesday were the worst days I've seen in years. I was running around checking everything. Later, tuesday evening, I jumped on the forums. Pam, I think, mentioned that every1 was doing their taxes. This totally makes sense to me and I've seen this before in other years.

Plus, which is why I think it was worse this year, LL is on a big SL pet campaigne. So, if you don't sell anything that has to do with pets, then you are SOL.

How many dang pet promotions does LL need to promote? Heck, I make animals you hunt and kill, not cuddle with.

Things look back to normal for me tho.

Marketplace sales go up and down for me but are always good ish.My problem has been inworld, this last 5 days I hardly see a punter and I am in the destination guide.

I wonder why am I paying tier and trying hard to make a fun place when I am usually empty.If people are only shopping on the marketplace it changes the whole deal for me.

I did not sign up to be an ebay seller.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.