metaRL.com Problems

WolfGreed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a problem :( . I've been on second life for almost a month now. Since I don't have a credit card to pay for SL Lindens I immeadiately started searching for a way to recieve lindens for free. Eventually I came across metaRL.com, which said they could provide the Lindens if I completed survey's and other things. Well, I completed the surveys, and Eventually stacked up Around 570 Lindens. The problem is however, Its been weeks and the only amount of Lindens I've recieved so far is 20 $L (which I'm not even sure it if came from metaRL.com). I've tried contacting them 3 times already, but weeks have gone by and I've still recieved no reply. I even recieved a letter from Second Life saying I have Lindens to spend, but I didn't even recieve any amount of $L until a couple of days ago. 

The Lindens are still not in my account, and I was wondering if someone could give me some feedback.

Is metaRL/com just a scam? If it Isn't, why haven't I recieved my Lindens yet? And in general, what the heck should I do? Any helpful feedback would really be appreciated.

(By the way, how do I send an Email to Second Life for help?)

I used them in the past, never had any problems. However, when they were swamped it could take a week or two until they got around to sending the L$.

Hoever, whether you have a CC or not - it's FAR cheaper to just buy L$. Get a prepaid card or use PayPal. Why cheaper? Well. L$250 is about US$1. Unless you really enjoy spending hours to get a few L$, neither money trees nor MetaRL are worth the time and effort.

Btw, MetaRL is not affiliated with LL, therefore asking LL for help is not going to do you any good. And unless you're a paying member, LL won't help you anyway.

Edit: I just looked at the page again... there's at least two links on there that lead to very, VERY dangerous downloads (Trojan-infected spyware). Guess they really changed from "ok" to "very suspect".

You can spend a month learning to create things in free classes at NCI, Caledon and others.  Whatever you make enter to newbie Show & Tell competitions, usually just turning-up will earn you L$50 or more, doing well nets around L$250 and it's easy to do 3 or even 4 competitions a week.  Then there is blitz-build - limited time and number of prims - same scale of prizes and even easier to enter (but harder to win).

Say you do 2 of each per week * 4 weeks * L$100 prize (at a minimum in my experience) = L$1,600 plus you've got building experience and some things you might be able to sell.  Stick the sale-quality goods on the Marketplace (or in a free newbie mall, such as at NCI Kuula) for L$10 - L$50.  You might pick up a couple of sales in a month and, wow, you're pushing towards L$2,000, making the most out of SL, meeting new and, hopefully, interesting people and having fun!

Doesn't that sound better than filling-in endless 'surveys' for dodgy unknowns and earning peanuts?

[@ Jenni - neither pre-paid cards nor paypal are accepted by LL for most people.  ETA for response below - no new paypal accounts from outside USA, most pre-paid cards simply not accepted.  I think whoever LL sells their mailing-list to must have demanded more CC details *grin*.]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.