Where have my Contacts gone?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good morning/evening/whatever!  When I open my "Communication" box I only see "Nearby Chat" unless somebody IMs me.  I used to have a "Contacts" tab, which showed all my Friends on or offline with the online ones emboldened.  I could then IM straight from the Communications window, as well as easily seeing who was on line.  NOW - I only have the basic Nearby Chat tab unless a friend or Group IMs me when they appear in the Comms window on the normal tab.  If I want to IM a friend, or one of my groups, I have to open the "People" Window and go from there, which works but is irritating when I had everything in one place before. As a byproduct of this problem of course, I can no longer easily switch groups from the Communications window where there used to be a group entry in Contacts.  I uninstalled Firestorm and did a clean re-install and this appeared tro sort the problem, but when I restored my settings the problem returned.  The issue is not present when I run Firestorm on my second PC.  So somewhere I have either changed inadvertently or lost something from my preferences!  Anybody got any ideas?  ps sorry about writing War and Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.