Slowwwwwww Rezzing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I started having this problem a couple months ago, when my hard drive crashed.  Both the old and new drives are SSD. Was previously running Windows 7, and SL ran great for the most part.  With new hard drive, I installed Windows 10.  That's when I started having problems.  Any sim I go to takes forever to rez, though some are worse than others depending on lag and # of avis present.  Also, animations take forever for me to see, though others see them normally.  When I hop on a poseball, I get tp'd to a distant location (the person I was standing next to will now show up on the radar as 200 meters or some other great distance away), and I am usually under water, though sometimes up in the air.  I can sit there for several minutes, before I land back at the poseball.  Either me or the other person on the poseball (or both) will be animated, or not for me - most likely not, just standing or sitting idle.  Also I see other avis that are on poseballs or sitting on something, will look like they are standing with their arms straight out.

I even went back and reinstalled Windows 7, and it now behaves the same way!  I too notice the lag meter says my packet loss is over 10%.  I've tried reinstalling Firestorm, both current and older version, updating my video drivers, updating Windows.  I checked with my ISP and they say there is nothing wrong with my connection.  My connection is hardwired to my desktop.  I've disabled AV and firewall, no difference.  I've turned down my graphics settings, draw distance, LOD, # of Avatars, etc. but no effect either.

The official Second Life viewer behaves the same way.  This is not just a texture issue for me, it is the rezzing of whole objects that takes a long time.  Even the land - when I tp somewhere, I can be standing over open water, and the land rezzes in chunks here and there.  Also, objects do not rez closest to me first, then ones farther away.  It is often the opposite, and quite random.

This has really put a damper on things for me, I can't do anything interactive or fun, I end up standing around watching others, maybe chatting a little, but that's it.

Firestorm 5.0.1 (52150) Dec 10 2016 14:44:37 (Firestorm-Releasex64) with OpenSimulator support
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (3591.34 MHz)
Memory: 16313 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 15063)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 22.21.0013.8205
OpenGL Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 382.05

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.47.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1i zlib/1.2.8
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.8
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Ex 4.44.61
LLCEFLib/CEF Version: 1.5.3-(CEF-WIN-3.2526.1347-32)
LibVLC Version: 2.2.4
Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.6.0017.22050

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2538 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.