Whats the suggested flying altitude for "all" jets & planes?

ral61

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I think I fly jets & planes normal, but there's always crossing sim crashes & avatar ejections with no-plane to fly.

At about (150m) my jet & plane rides seems crash a lot. Is there a "safe" altitude for jets & planes? to bypass the "lag" crashes in mid-air flight

while crossing sims.

Edited by ral61
left out title portion

1 answer to this question

There is NO altitude that will improve your chances of surviving a region crossing.  But there are some things that CAN help.

• Fly slow.  When you cross from one region into another, the server has to hand off all your information to the new region's server.  Crossing at a slower speed gives the chips a little more time to get their job done.  This is one reason I seldom fly jets.  You'll usually see me in a balloon, a helicopter, sailplane, or ultralight.
  • Cross at a right angle to the sim border.
  • Don't cross at a corner where three or four regions meet.
  • Simplify your avatar.  Get your avatar complexity down, and take off scripted items and HUDs you don't need.

If you fly above 100m, you'll stay clear of banlines and most security systems.  I also recommend flying over Linden ocean, rather than land, where possible.  Even if the land owner hasn't enabled banlines or a security system, parcels that are already maxed out on their prims can cause you to crash.

If you fly above 1,000m, the ground will not be rendered.  This will greatly reduce lag, but it makes the trip a LOT less interesting.  If you do this, use your Map to navigate (a good idea, even at lower altitudes).

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2540 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.