rezz / createLink / permissions !

Rhiannon Arkin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

I want to rezz an linkset from the inventory of an object and then link the two together.

is there any way around these popups asking people to click on to grant permissions ? A different way of doing it? 

the linkset represents a few meshes that I animate by alpha on-off animation, but it's so much geometry, that i'd love to find a way of only rezzing it when i need it, and to not carry these 'invisivble' pieces with me.

So i thought maybe rezzing it and then afterwards killing it. But then it's of course disconnected from the original object. 

thought i'd ask

best

R.

Edited by Rhiannon Arkin

you would grant permission to the child link, and to the rezzer. then drop the child link into the rezzer. the other option is not to link the children, just have them move into place and communicate with hidden channels to start the animation. and a third is have a fully linked version inside the rezzer, and when you want it animated, rez our the linked version and make the rezzer invisible

• Like 1

There's no way to avoid requesting permission, though.  PERMISSION_CHANGE_LINKS can only be given by the objects' owner and it is not automatically granted silently.  There's just too much chance of something screwing up and getting unlinked at a bad time.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.