Consitantly Failed TP Attempts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've been having trouble teleporting starting last night, but only to certain places. I was using a teleporting HUD (one I've used with no issues in the past) and it started popping up with basically 3 out of 5 teleports failing. 

I've been trying to get into a new event and its making it hard when more TPs seem to be failing then working. I've tried everything I can think of, cleared cache, removed heavily scripted objects, basically everything but clothes (since I can't land there naked or in inappropriate wear), relogged multiple times, restarted computer and even restarted my router.

Any help on how to aliveate this sort of issue?

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Can you TP without the HUD?  If so, then if the HUD has a reset, try that.  Otherwise, I'd recommend contacting the creator/seller.

I've tried both. It seems to be far less of a problem without the HUD, but still exsists. I've tried resetting the HUD, but I can try contacting the seller as well. 

Are the failing TPs always to busy places?  If so, you could try pulling the location up on the map. If there is an adjoining sim, try to TP there and see if that works better.  If you get there, that points more to the issue being with the fact that where you are going is super busy.  What is you SL connection speed like?  If not great, then that can also play into the problem.

Are the failing TPs always to busy places?  If so, you could try pulling the location up on the map. If there is an adjoining sim, try to TP there and see if that works better.  If you get there, that points more to the issue being with the fact that where you are going is super busy.  What is you SL connection speed like?  If not great, then that can also play into the problem.

I can check that. And its really only to one sim it seems. There is no connecting sim to try from, but yes, it seems to be that sim only really. I'm having no issues tping anywhere else. My connection is good. I've never had any issues with it before. 

If it is one location, there is little you can do, especially if the map shows that there are lots of folks there.  In the long ago past, you could pull up the map and find a nearby sim and TP there and then try going on to your final destination.  Back in the day, sims close together were more likely on the same server, but I'm not so sure that holds true anymore.

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If it is one location, there is little you can do, especially if the map shows that there are lots of folks there.  In the long ago past, you could pull up the map and find a nearby sim and TP there and then try going on to your final destination.  Back in the day, sims close together were more likely on the same server, but I'm not so sure that holds true anymore.

well as long as its not me and an issue with the sim, I feel better about it. I thought there was something messed up on my end of things.

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Anything is possible in SL, but if it is crowded, then lots of folks may be having issues.  If you want to toss me an LM inworld or the name of the sim, I can try it when I log in shortly.

oh its rather easy, lol. Trying to get into the Fameshed event.

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

There was another thread (before it got pulled) that was complaining about that place.  So, yeah, I'd say it is not you, but the location/event.

better to know. I thought it might have just been me. Thanks for the help!

One other thing just came to mind - because I TPd there okay -- there is a new policy related to additional access by Premium members when a sim reaches its max.  Normal max at most of these events is 40, but the new Premium rule would allow 4 extra above the 40, but only Premium accounts.  Once the number of folks is greater than 40, non-Premiums will not get in until the number falls below 40. 

So - are you Premium?

One other thing just came to mind - because I TPd there okay -- there is a new policy related to additional access by Premium members when a sim reaches its max.  Normal max at most of these events is 40, but the new Premium rule would allow 4 extra above the 40, but only Premium accounts.  Once the number of folks is greater than 40, non-Premiums will not get in until the number falls below 40. 

So - are you Premium?

I am not.

If you are interested in reading the specifics of the sim capacity stuff, here is the blog entry:

ah, well that's a slight pain, but I guess there's perks to paying for an account. Its just going to take longer to get into events now then. Thanks for the help with all that then. It must be the new system messing with me then.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.