Every time I teleport, I get disconnected! :(

WhiteBoi360

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have around 100 or less ping.. and bandwith isn't bad either..   I log in just fine.. no lag, can chat and do gestures and all that good stuff.  But every single time I click somewhere to teleport, it takes 20 to 30 seconds and then says I have been disconnected.  I have tried a ton of random places to go to and it still does this..   it doesn't even matter what viewer I am on.

What can I do?

EDIT:  In regards to answer to my question:   I disabled Http GetTextures and that didn't solve it

9 answers to this question

@Luc, I guess its because the real cause of a TP crash is that the TP took too long to happen & the connection times out, so you need to find what it is that is taking your avatar so long to find a new region & connect to it. Firewalls & bandwidth are common causes. HTTP GetTextures pulls textures direct from the servers instead of rezzing the sim first, so disabling it just lets your TP concentrate on trying to TP you.

• Like 1

Thanks Peewee. That makes sense. Like the OP, thogh, my bandwidth should not be a problem, and my firewalls hardly have any restrictions set. Funnily enough, my tp problems are for tp number two after I log in. Usually, I can tp once, but on the second tp, I get logged out. The issue has stayed the same even after swapping broadband providers, so I don't think the internete connection is the cause. I'll have to look further into it...

@WhiteBoy360. Are you wearing attachments - like hair and shoes - which contain scripts? This is often a cause of tp abortions (but maybe not log outs). Remove any prim attachments and try tp'ing to see if that could be the cause.

- Luc -

So many people keep getting that 1 TP ok and 2nd or 3rd one crashes them and its the same if they try to cross a sim wall walking too, so its has to be more related to the change of region than it is to actually TP`ing.

Have either of tried going to a sim such as Smith and manually clearing your cache, relogging to Smith & staying there until your inventory is completely reloaded before moving?

I have. Done it all. Cleared cache, both from within the viewer and outside of it. Logged in to different locations, anything from somewhere under the water in Blake sea to my home, waiting and waiting... Several times.

Think I'll have a look at things closer to home. Starting with my router, modem and firewalls. Perhaps there is something there...

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.