Object permission issue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all, I am working on a building and after a while I wanted to get a backup of it as I always do. But at this time, I see its not transferable anoymore. Especially I can not change permissions of my own created prims(even one single prims)... When I search for the reason of this issue, realized that I linked my prims with a no transfer prim. Even if I unlink these no transfer prims and remove them, I cant change permissions of my own prims anymore. Please help me to fix this issue.

Kind regards.

By the way, as I understand so far, when non transferable prims linked to own made prims, if second life resets for mainly, then all the link set permissions sets to no transfer. After this happens, even unlink operation cant fix this issue. I tried to duplicate my own made prims, it didnt work aswell... Duplicated copies are the same way...

Is it a copy?

If you have your own prims (full perms) and you link them to another prim that is no transfer, it will make the linkset no transfer. However, if you unlink them again, your own prims will be full perms again, unless you have taken a copy and it is the copy that you have unlinked. In which case all the prims will now be no transfer, despite being your own prims.

You need to find the "original" linkset & unlink that one & then you should be able to change the perms on your own prims again instead of them being greyed out.

I dont really remember if its a copy of my building. Checked my inventory to inspect copies of my building but it didnt work aswell. I talk to some of my builder friends yesterday. And they dont seem to be experienced this issue before. No one has any clue. This issue seems to be a bug. Finally, this issue forces me to rebuild some parts of whole building. I am really disappointed, confused and sad since yesterday. 

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.