Will this be good for my business?

BabyLuv Lane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I sell full perm items for builders/creators.  The items that I make are stockings, gloves, belts and a few outfits and other stuff.  My sister in law suggested that I should start offering to sell my items for personal use as in mod, copy, and no transfer in case a customer wants it for their own personal use or who isn't a builder.  She also suggested that I could offer an upgrade where the customers pays a price difference if they decide they want the full perm item instead.  Do you think this is a good idea or do you think I will lose customers from doing this?  I don't know how my customers will feel if I do this and I don't want any of them to think I am competing with them.  I know some people use my items as an add on or enhancement to their outfits.  What do you think?  Would you buy a full perm item if the seller also sells the same item for personal use?

There is nothing wrong with covering all angles and trying to make a little more money. Why don't you resell your own content on a different account? That way, your customers will never know that you are competing with them. For all they know, your alt account is just another merchant who bought your full perm items.

ETA: Your customers must be aware that they will have a lot of competition as resellers in any case. They'll be happy as long as nobody sells the same items in the same mall, and nobody undercuts their prices on the Marketplace.

BabyLuv Lane wrote:

Would you buy a full perm item if the seller also sells the same item for personal use?

It would depend upon where you sell it and whether you have rules on minimum resale pricing, you'll be competing with your own customers so it will put some people off.

You might want to consider getting into affilates and having people resell under your brand.

I can't tell people that it will be more profitable or less profitable to sell with or without specific permissions on specific items.

What I can tell you is that selling with full perms will make your customers happy and your competition unhappy.

All else being equal, who should you prefer to please?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.