I'm getting a new computer and i wanted to know will my inventory and everything I bought be there?

Mari Szetey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Helo mari

Yes, surely its inventory, as well as friends list will be intact.

The inventory in SL is not stored on your computer, but on servers of Linden Lab For this reason, you may change your coputer, access the SL Lan-house, friends house etc..
Your inventory will always be perfect.

See more about Inventory

What Pisano says is true, your inventory will be loaded from the servers when you start the viewer on a new PC.

However, your IM and chat logs are stored on your computer, so you may want to copy these over to the new one.

The logs are stored here:

• Windows XPC:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\SecondLife\
  • Mac OSXUsers/Username/Library/Application Support/SecondLife/

I'm not sure where they are stored on Vista or Win7, though. You can probably find them by searching for it on http://wiki.secondlife.com/

- Luc -

The only useful things stored on your computer that will be gone on the new one are your user_settings and your logs. So when you instal SL on your new computer, it will be back to that noob state with "This is your inventory" "This is a map" lol

You can save your chat logs if you want them, your preferences tell you where they are kept.

Everything else connected to your avatar is saved on the LL database and will just be there waiting for you on your new computer, which will take a bit longer to load than normal the first time you login.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4763 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.