Do people bother hiring Models or Digital Artists these days?

Hikaru Hanner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My only question is it's the only thing I've ever been at least decent at, and the second one is my technical job outside of the game as well. Now I know people do a lot of photoshop edits and the like, but when I mention digital art here specifically, I'm talking about all of the drawn-out creations like you'd see on Deviantart/Furaffinity/Artstation, ect. Do people like them have anything worthwhile on Second Life due to conversion rates? I'm assuming people could make more just doing regular commissions and buying linden that way, but I'm interested to see if there's any stability for Linden work as well.

You still see ads for models now and then but not as often as say six years ago. And there are still people looking for logos to be made. But honestly, most creators I know nowadays do most of the work themselves.  Back in SL's glory days there was a fair amount of outsourcing, now it is mostly to scripters and hud makers, who still as I understand it make a very fair wage doing what they do.

Probably best not to look at SL as an income maker and just enjoy. You CAN make money here, but the hourly wage doesn't compare except for a few folks. 

On 03. 04. 2017. at 5:51 AM, Hikaru Hanner said:

My only question is it's the only thing I've ever been at least decent at, and the second one is my technical job outside of the game as well. Now I know people do a lot of photoshop edits and the like, but when I mention digital art here specifically, I'm talking about all of the drawn-out creations like you'd see on Deviantart/Furaffinity/Artstation, ect. Do people like them have anything worthwhile on Second Life due to conversion rates? I'm assuming people could make more just doing regular commissions and buying linden that way, but I'm interested to see if there's any stability for Linden work as well.

Why not show us your work and maybe someone knows someone...

There's always a need for good artists who are willing to edit beyond applying few random filters on their snapshots. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.