Recommendations for simple software EQ & reverb?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I would like to perform in SL, acoustic guitar and vocals.  I've had some success webcasting on certain websites, and I have dabbled in SL a bit. I simply open the laptop and sing to it. Results are good enough to receive lauds, but of course there is room for improvement.  I wish to sound a little more "professional".  Guiutar/vocal level mix is fine. 

What I want: some simple signal processing via software to go between the built-in mic and the broadcast tool. A little reverb mostly ( a LITTLE bit of reverb!) , but perhaps some EQ, compression, or expansion as well if the execution is simple. 

What I do not want:   1.  the complexity of a full multitrack recording suite. 2. to set up mics & stands & wires and external mixer//interface/whatever hardware.  Before I'll do this, I'll just drop the idea and go back to sailing the Blake.  

Can anyone recommend a simple bit of software like that? TIA. 

Hey Xerxes. I am sure there are other methods that other Residents will chime in on, but heres my two cents. 

Maybe take a look at ViPER4Windows, its an open source audio driver with many abilities like what you have mentioned (Reverb, EQ, Compression and other standard audio adjustments). 

Another might be a tool like "Nicecast" though it is MAC-Only. I am not sure what broadcasting too you are using, but Nicecast offers a built in effect rack/grid which allows you to add simple EQ's and other effects directly to your broadcast. Not free like ViPER but its personally what I use for DJing. 

Wishing you the best luck! Keep on rockin! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2582 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.