The group was able to sell some land and I've lowered my land contribution. How do I lower tier?

GraceSWF Wrigglesworth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know that tier is paid by the previous months levels - I just am trying to confirm that I've lowered my group contribution (done in SL group information Land tab) but changes aren't showing on the web and its still showing my higher contribution - which will keep my tier level high.  How do I tell SL I want to drop to a lower tier level for next month?

It tells me I can use a LOT more land without raising tier - but remember I want to LOWER my tier so the land available will be much smaller.  I can use the calculate column to confirm that my tier will be lower, but it won't save changes nor will it allow me to choose a lower level tier area (I think because the next payment will still be at the high level based on PREVIOUS MONTH"S land owned or donated).  Will the tier people KNOW that I want a lower tier (have no plans for buying available square meters) AUTOMATICALLY?  I seem to be able to raise my tier but not lower it manually.

5 answers to this question

The calculation is generally automatic, how much land does the website tell you that you can acquire without additional fees?

There are radio buttons next to the tier steps, you can click a lower one and click save changes but if your calculations are off, you'll be charged a higher fee, don't forget that group land gives a 10% bonus.

You have to manually tier down.  First set all your group land contributions to zero.  Then go to the website  Dashboard - Land Manager - Land Use Fees and Update Tier.   Then if necessary you can reapply your group contribution if you still need to.

--Cinn

Edited to add:  In case you didn't see my comment.  You need to set your group contributions to zero before you can lower your tier level on the Land Use Fees page.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Group-owned-land/ta-p/700079

Warning: Remember that even after your group has sold some or all of its land holdings you will not be able to "tier down" to a lower payment level until you remove your land contributions from the group by setting it to zero.

You can change it manually on the Land Fees page which you can see a link to on the left of your dashboard in the Land Manager section.

However, it doesn`t actually matter if you leave it set on the maximum all the time, the only thing it really affects is the entry that says how much land you have left available to buy  on your current level setting.

The important parts are on your account summary in the land section where it says your peak usage and the amount that it is planning to charge you on your next tier date. It will always charge you at the level of your peak usuage, not where you have the tier level set.

It sounds like you have already correctly adjusted the important one, which is your land contribution to the group. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.