How to remove HoverText on a watch?

WhiteBoi360

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First off I don't really know much about scripting.

WIth that being said, all I want to do is get rid of the HoverTextClock  that is on this watch.  It's really ugly and annoying seeing floating text over the watch showing the time.

I clicked edit on the watch, and then clicked the content tab and that is where it is showing the HoverTextClock  script.   So, if I wan't to get rid of it I would just delete it? (atleast that would be my first guess)  Well I deleted it and took it off and put it back on and it is still there.   Someone in game said that you have to go to your build tools and click reset scripts after you delete the script..  Ok, I tried that, and it still didn't work.  I was also told to look for a reset button in the content page where the scrip was showing.. but there is no reset button anywhere to be found. I did however open the script itself, and there was a reset button inside of that.. but when you click it, nothing happens.. I even deleted everything in the notepad there and hit reset and it still didn't do anyhting when you clicked reset.

Please contact me in game if you could assist me real quick or am I totally doing this the wrong way?  I could copy and paste the script in here if you need more info?

Thanks

The hover text hangs around even after the script is deleted. You need to blank the hover text. Change llSetText to this in the hover text script:

llSetText(" ",<1,1,1>,1);

Only the first part matters, the " ". You're setting the text to a blank space. Once the hover text is gone, you can delete the script to save sim resources and cut back on unneccesary lag.

Thanks, fixed my problem.    Now I have another problem with the watch. I'm not sure if it had to do with scripting or if it is an option elsewhere.  But the watch was set to right wrist by default.  I went to a pose stand and easily slid it across to the left wrist and rotated it accordingly so that everything looked properly.  But when I step off the pose stand, the watch is floating around my toon.  And when I step back on the stand, it goes back to my left wrist (which is what I want)   How do I get it to stay on my left wrist after I step off the pose stand?

Find the watch in your inventory, right click, select Attach to >>  and then choose L Forearm instead of R Forearm.  You'll still need to do some adjusting with your editing tools to get it placed exactly where you want it.  Once it's there, though, it will remember the spot from then on.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4765 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.