Following forums

Rolig Loon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As far as I can see, we can follow individual categories within a forum, but not an entire forum.  For example, I can follow the Scripting, Scripting Library, and Mesh categories but not the entire Creation forum.  More awkwardly, for me, I can follow each of the individual categories in Answers but not the entire Answers forum.  I can follow all of those individual categories, of course, but it seems a clumsy way to have to do it.  On a separate note, I still can't see any value in tags, but that is a separate note.  ;)

• Like 1

I have not been able to get my follow preferences to stick. Where did you go to do it, Rolig? 

Eta I found where to get emails when something is posted in a forum, but my objective is to not have to see all the forums I don't want to see.

Edited by Pamela Galli

Clicking the "Follow" link in the upper right of a category page did it for me.  Having done that on several, I could then click the pulldown menu where my name appears at the very EXTREME upper right of the  page (Above the banner) and select Manage Followed Content to verify what I am following.

I think I may have figured out how to not see the forums I don't want to, but although I followed individual forums, I see alll forums within a category.

This is getting more complicated than my TV remote.

Also sometimes I can edit my posts, sometimes not. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.