Email note card menu driven script

Renegade Travesty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all, Not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes.

I am after a script where I can send an email to an object anywhere in secondlife so that it will rezz an object out but can also derezz the object when asked using a menu system. The uuid of the object as I understand can be stored on a note card and used by the menu sending script.

So to give you an Idea of what I want it to do.

I touch an object 

A menu pops up with a list of  places I have named on a note card in the objects inventory.

I get the option to either rez or derez an object from a or several rezing pads placed anywhere in seconlife.

Full perm if possible.

Please feel free to contact me to discuss it with me if you can help.

Thanks, Renegade Travesty

If you want someone to write a set of scripts for you, you'll have to post in the InWorld Employment forum.  This forum is for LSL scripters to share ideas and commiserate about problems they are having with their own scripts.

That said, what you are asking for is not simple and, depending on exactly how you mean it, may not even be possible.  The biggest complication is that each instance of an object that is rezzed in world has a unique UUID.  That is, if I rez 12 copies of the same doodad, they will have 12 different UUIDs.  You will not be able to delete ("de-rez") a particular instance unless you know its own UUID.  What you could do is broadcast a region-wide message that deletes all copies of the item.  Of course, if you did know the UIDs, that would be a different matter, but then you would have had to store those UUIDs somehow in a non-volatile medium like a notecard (written manually) or KVP (if you were scripting for an Experience).  You would also need to have a script in each rezzed object that listens for a signal to die.  And then you'd have to deal with e-mail or HTTP communication among your pads and the home base.  It's doable under that right design circumstances, but not easy to make foolproof or convenient.  Or cheap.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.