can i log on invisible to my friends?

MeganNylon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

All you can do is to disable everyone from seeing your online status by unchecking the boxes in the friends list. I do this every time before I log off, and then selectively make myself visible to select friends after logging in if I feel like socializing.

Your friends will still be able to see your true online status though, with the help of scripted tools or third party viewers. Some 3rd party viewers will even inform them that you're hiding from them. I merely hide from people to indicate that I don't want to be disturbed, similar to turning off a cellphone.

Busy mode is also an option, but it has lots of drawbacks. You won't be able to see the public chat, or have an IM conversation without sending your busy message to the other person whenever they type something. Busy mode also automatically declines inventory offers such as notecards, which renders it unusable for content creators and merchants.

Create an alt :)

You can set all your friends to not be able to see your online status before you logout but chances are that will just get you a load of IMs from any that notice wondering why you did it....People get very sensitive sometimes lol...Its easier to just have an alt that doesn`t know anyone that you know.

• Like 1

You can also set yourself to 'Busy' mode while you explore if you do not wish to be disturbed.  You can set a message to show if someone IMs you while you are in Busy mode.  Alternatively, you can tell your friends who IM you that you are busy and will get back to them later. If they are friends, they will understand.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4782 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.