how do i get my avatar to move since signing in through firestorm?

ualchick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

2 answers to this question

Your avatar should move the same way using firestorm as using other viewers, using the arrow keys.  Is the problem you're having only occurring with the firestorm viewer or does it also occur with other viewers (such as the LL viewer)?  Have you tried either logging into a different region (or TP'ing to a different region) to see if the problem still occurs?  

It's possible you are experiencing some network related issues which are causing severe lag.  You can try some of the suggestions in Nalates' blog post  troubleshoot-your-sl-connection to see if that might be part of the issue. 

ETA:  if you want to provide additonal information about the problem or things that you've already tried, you can edit your question by clicking on the 'options' drop-down in the upper right hand corner of your post. 

There is an anti-grifing feature in Firestorm, Ctrl-Alt-P I think, that locks your avatar in place. It prevent people pushing you when you don't want to be pushed.

When you press the keys you'll get a message in chat.

You can chcek to see if it is your network by pressing Ctrl-Shift-1. This will open the Viewer Statistics panel. Look for PING time. If it is over 250ms you may want to check your network connection to the SL servers. 

REMEMBER: A good Internet connection does NOT assure a good connection to the SL servers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2750 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.