Payments: Blue Dialogs

Domitan Redenblack

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

payment dialogs are controlled on a perviewer basis, which can be configured by each person....

in v2 those settings are

preferences --> notifications --> tell me: [_] when I spend or recieve L$ (will turn them on or off completely)

advanced --> debug --> UISndMoneyChangeThreshold (will control hom much money has to begiven or received at once to trigger a sound)

• Like 1

One thing i haven't seen mentioned:  You could designate an ALT to be the receiver of your money and all of those payment dialogs.  You would have to start with your ALT being the one distributing the vendors to the shop owners.  Your ALT could stay offline for long periods of time, and you just log-on with your ALT when you need to do...accounting.

Andromeda Quonset wrote:

One thing i haven't seen mentioned:  You could designate an ALT to be the receiver of your money and all of those payment dialogs.  You would have to start with your ALT being the one distributing the vendors to the shop owners.  Your ALT could stay offline for long periods of time, and you just log-on with your ALT when you need to do...accounting.

This is exactly what we have planned. The alt is the "face" of the vendor board, and the blue dialogs that come to the alt are not really a problem, except to dismiss them in case they pile up, when we log in as the alt.

But will the shop vendor "do his/her own thing" to stop Blue dialogs? Is this a common occurrence with shop owners?

ty

Domitan Redenblack wrote:

Is this a common occurrence with shop owners? 

It's common to anyone who gives or receives money in SL!  By default all transactions are notified to both residents.  If a shop owner hasn't done something about it then presumably they don't want to (if they only have a few transactions per day, for instance, or their products are high-value and they want to contact each customer personally).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.