I have a notebook pc, and so far the only viewer that worked on it was CtrlAltStudio.. Any ideas?

SierraStyles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a CtrlAltStudio viewer-my pc is a notebook. So far it has been the only viewer that worked on this pc. I just found out this week support is being discontinued and it won't be updated. Is there any new viewer out there that works with smaller pc's? I don't want to lose SL due to this..

Sierra Styles

1 answer to this question

When you ask a tech question like this include the computer specs. Open the viewer and before or after login click HELP->ABOUT... and copy the info collected there to paste in with your question.

CtrlAltStudio stopped updating some time ago. It was last updated to include the Lab's last attempt at VR-Oculus type rendering. Months ago...

Without knowing the laptop specs, I can't say if any viewer will work for you now. HOWEVER, try Cool VL Viewer and Singularity Viewer. Both are known to work well with older hardware.

32-bit operating systems (OS) crash way more than the 64-bit versions. You can run 32-bit viewers on 64-bit OS's and things will be way better. You may want to see if your laptop can be updated to Win 10 and 64-bit. While checking, see if you can add more memory.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.