how do i become a member of linden labs for free i wish to go proactive on investigations

firebirddeathstrike

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

hi i made reports and im afraid no one will investigate them so  i wish to freely join linden labs or whoever is in charge of investigating  abuse reports  even ones from myself    and have the title on game  for  a new character  that just started today  so i can investigate and take the proper actions on getting justice on the ppl who have been abused    

4 answers to this question

It doesn't work that way.

You could apply for a job with Linden Research, Inc...if you have useful computer programming skills and are willing to relocate to San Francisco.

You cannot get a username with the last name "Linden"...only LL employees have those.  They also do not empower any volunteer "enforcers".

You can join an in-world group that takes it upon themselves to deal with griefers.  These groups tread a fine line.  They may not violate the Terms of Service or Community Standards.  They are held to the same standards of behavior as any other resident.  They cannot "get justice" any more or in any way different from any other resident.  If they do, they are subject to being reported themselves.

Linden Lab does investigate all abuse reports.  However, they will NOT tell you the outcome of their investigation.  This is to protect everyone's right of privacy...even that of no-good nasty griefers.

• Like 5

Ppl like you always scare me just a bit. SL has always had some groups or individuals that wanted to be in charge of law and order, of justice and punishment. Most of the time this went terribly wrong, ppl being accused, ppl were abused by ppl that had took it upon themselves to be judge and jury. Even worse, RL info on some ppl was collected and those leaked as they were obviously no pro's.

SL has LL as judge and jury and they have given us the tools that we need already. You can mute, de-render and if you own land, you can ban them. You can do a lot to stop abuse and or a stalker. Even on your own by not showing the places you go in your fav's and just changing your ways, groups etc. I know, sounds unfair but it is actually the same as IRL. A stalker or abuser has his or her ways to find you, make sure you rule that out.

How can you possibly judge a situation. Abuse and stalking happens in ppl's private SL life and some of it is not what it seems. Sometimes the one complaining has done some stuff that they will not tell... Some ppl just like to cry wolf... To be even trying to solved private stuff like that can only go wrong, sooner or later.

I respect that you find it disturbing things like this happen and that makes you a good person but non of us are toddlers and we prefer to solve things like this on the forum and in world like it should be solved. 

EDIT:

ADDED a bit later: Reading back on your forum posts, you have been on this forum only to complain about your clan and some club. Both charged you for things like blood and advertising on a board. Maybe you should spend more time on reading rules of clubs and clans or checking your own security (account related, as you claim to be hacked??), instead of getting involved in other resident's problems. Seems like you have some problems to tackle of your own first? So why you are offering your services is a mystery to me...

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.