Cannot Upload New Profile Picture

Chabby91

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For the last 5 days i have not been able to upload or view my profile picture, other residents say that all they see is grey when they click on my profile where my image should be. I have tried everything, i cleared my catche, restarted pc, relogged, switched viewers, switched browsers, changed image sizing, switched pc's and waited. I have tried to upload an image numerous times through my avatars web profile and through inworld. Please help me resolve this issue!! its seems to only be me with this problem !!

4 answers to this question

Oh, I thought that bug was fixed by now. It's been there for a long, long time.

Anyway, what you do is log on to https://my.secondlife.com/

That's the web interface for our profiles and you should be able to upload the picture there. You can even save10 Lindens if you know about it in advance since uploading to the website is free, uploading through the viewer is not.

Edit: If the web based uploader is broken too, I'm afraid the only option is to file a bug report at https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa and hope somebody at Linden Lab notices and fixes it.

Yes i have already tried going through that ( link)as i stated above, multiple times actually, but thanks anyway for the advise :)

i contacted the support system and filed a ticket yesterday still no response, its a shame because i actually love sl and use it on the daily, I just hope they can find a solution. I am a picture editor in sl and its important for me to have an profile image to show my work

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.