Second life rebooting computer

Cappahoven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This has been happening at random occasions, ether during start up, or sometimes when I was online for an hour. but what would happen is my computer would reboot with out warning. No bluescreen, just like. a power flicker in a sense. I checked for dust, I even dusted out my computer with air duster. I checked to make sure all my fans were running correctly. And I looked to see if there was anything overheating, using CPUID HWMonitor. And nothing seems to be rising in temperature.

I have updated my drivers to my graphics card.

This started happening about a week ago off and on. 

Firestorm 4.7.9 (50527) Aug 4 2016 11:59:10 (Firestorm-Releasex64)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (3401.16 MHz)

Memory: 16350 MB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 64-bit (Build 7601)

Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 760/PCIe/SSE2

When I log into the world of second life some objects and avatars begin to load, then all of a sudden My Computer Crashes.(No blue screen or any error messages from my computer or Linden labs)  and I have dusted my computer out this morning. Nothing seems to be overheating. I have a monitor for that. And this not a Internet connection Issue. I've never heard of a internet related issue where it crashes a computer and causes it to reboot, is that even possible?. I do not think that is the case in my situation.

1 answer to this question

Your computer is well within SL's recommended specs, and you have done the obvious checks for evidence of overheating -- a common reason for unexpected crashes in old, substandard, or dirty machines -- and you're not getting any error messages from Linden Lab that would suggest that you are being disconnected by the servers.  The most likely explanation, then, is that you have a problematic Internet connection.  Bandwidth isn't likely to be the issue, but stability is.  If you have a sudden drop in ping time, or if the connection is dropping data packets, you'll get out of sync with the servers and crash.  The culprit is usually a router or a modem that needs to be reset.  So, unplug both of them from the power for a few minutes, then plug them back in and restart everything.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.